It’s no secret that women want high quality makeup bags that are durable and attractive, and it’s no secret that there should be plenty of interior room to keep a woman’s beauty essentials. The five biggest secrets of cosmetic bags have nothing to do with the bags themselves and everything to do with the contents a woman stores inside.
Here are the five big secrets most women have hiding inside their cosmetic bags.
1. If you look inside a woman’s well-stocked makeup bag, you might be surprised to find how many different makeup brushes there are. There are a lot of different types of brushes. Each one serves its own particular purpose. That’s why it’s quite common for a woman to carry a variety of these makeup applicators. One type of brush may be used for mineral powder foundation. Another may be used for blush. Yet another brush is used to apply eyeliner, and another can be used for eyeshadow. A woman may own a separate brush for bronzer or blush and one to apply lipstick instead of applying it directly from the tube. When it comes to different brands, Alicia Silverstone makeup brushes is a popular choice. This line of brushes from well-known celebrity Alicia Silverstone was created with a woman’s different needs in mind. That’s why so many women include these brushes in their arsenal of beauty supplies.
2. You might be surprised at the number of makeup items you can find in a woman’s bag. With all those different brushes, there have to be a corresponding number of products to apply with them. After all, if a woman has a nice selection of Alicia Silverstone makeup brushes, then she needs great makeup to go along with them. A woman’s bag can easily contain several different shades of lipstick, mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, liquid foundation, powder foundation, nail polish, blush, bronzer and nearly anything else you can think of in addition to the applicators to bring it all together. Of course, a woman doesn’t need to wear everything at once, but a well-prepared woman likes to be ready for everything.
3. Sometimes women keep a few items in their cosmetic bags that don’t really have anything to do with cosmetics at all. Sometimes a makeup bag is a private hiding spot where a woman can store everything from contraceptives and feminine hygiene products to an extra stash of money and an emergency credit card. Although most of the space may be taken up by beauty supplies, there’s always a little room left over for those emergency supplies that a woman likes to keep private.
Her makeup bag is a safe, discreet place to keep these things.
4. A woman’s cosmetics bag should be clean inside and out. A woman who is well-organized, neat and conscientious about appearance and hygiene will have a clean, organized bag to match her values and her personality. Her bag shouldn’t have a broken zipper, holes or patches made of duct tape. The secret is that you can really determine how clean a woman’s apartment and personal hygiene is by seeing how she takes care of her cosmetics. A clean, stylish bag filled with neat, organized and high quality beauty supplies is an excellent sign that a woman knows how to take care of herself.
5. You can tell a lot about a woman’s priorities by peeking inside her bag, but it’s not recommended that you peek. If you do see that a woman carries Alicia Silverstone makeup brushes and other high quality products, you can assume that she really cares about her appearance. On the other hand, if she applies her makeup with dirty cotton balls and used cotton swabs, she probably doesn’t give off the appearance that her appearance is important to her. Cotton balls and cotton swabs are great tools for certain tasks, but they are not the best tools to use when applying makeup.
John Grant writes for several health and beauty sites, as well as working designing a new cosmetic bag.